- RT @chancebar: My latest in Forbes: #Crowdfunding To Narrow Gender Gap in VC investing http://t.co/xgFhVffDyt #startups @KayKoplovitz @wome… Tue, 25 Nov 2014
- RT @chancebar: .@crowdfunder @women2 Thanks @KayKoplovitz - who should we invest in next? Any recommendations- feel free to call her out he… Tue, 25 Nov 2014
ENTREPRENEURSHIP & WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP
BRINGING WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS TO THE FOREFRONT OF TODAY’S BUSINESS WORLD
Kay believes in using her influence as a women’s business leader to advance the performance of women in business. This applies to women in corporate careers, women on corporate boards and women entrepreneurs. Kay believes progress in all these areas is enhanced by using the network of human capital to advance others with the talent to execute growth.
Kay is committed to board diversity and is a frequent speaker on the subjects of Board diversity and Women on Boards. It is a fact that companies with three or more women board directors perform better. In a 2011 study conducted by Catalyst, they found that in companies with three or more women directors on the board, those companies had:
- 53 percent higher return on Equity
- 42 percent higher return on Sales
- 66 percent higher return on Invested Capital
Kay is also committed to building the human capital ecosystem around women whether in the corporate or entrepreneurial world that will help them achieve success. In corporations, this spans the range from developing skills, providing leadership training and team-building to finding the right mentors and sponsors to guide them.
On the entrepreneurial front, this requires an extensive community of advisors, coaches, investors and service providers to raise angel and venture capital to facilitate growth. Kay has worked nationally and globally to build the right support systems of human capital around women, including the development of women as angel investors, venture capitalists and entrepreneurs.
Below are links to some Women’s Leadership events and organizations Kay partners with to move that agenda forward.